Phew, it's been a while since the last build, mainly due a new feature we've been working on.
So let's take a look at what's changed …
Previously we rated our team performance based on the following factors:
I've never been 100% happy with this as whilst it's a simple way to rate performance, it's doesn't capture the nuances. For instance you may vote someone 5 stars for attacking because they score a lot of goals; In truth they score a lot of goals because they just goal hang around the opposition nets waiting for the ball.
- How is their overall ability, both on and off the ball.
- Work rate
- Do they put the effort in? Do they track back?
- Do they pass to teammates, go in nets without complaint, turn up on time, are they a glory-hunter?
You may want to reset your ratings as the votes no longer representation the previous category.
End Of Season Presentation
The end of season presentation was a little janky to say the least. It's been rebuilt with a more modern approach. Check out the prototype of the new version.
The new version also works on mobile 😄.
We've always been able to add notes when picking the sides but these only ever appeared in the email that went out to the players. So if you swap any players out, they may not see the message.
Now if you enter a something for the sides reminder, or when sending the sides out, the notes you enter will appear on the side picker screen.
Manager: JohnBoy is collecting, £5.50 each ...
The Pitch Switch feature wasn't heavily used and has been removed.
There's been many changes behind the scenes, including the e-mails produced by the website. Everything should behave the same, but if you see anything weird, please tell us about it.
Fixes & Small Changes
- UX: Small usability improvement on mobile. Where additional options appear on a screen, the buttons are shown vertically making the easier to locate and click.
- Security: Some buttons were available for non-managers.
- UX: On mobile, the pager dropdown was being displayed even though there was only one page.
- UX: On mobile, the my squad screen had a horrendous orange colour!
- UX: On mobile, the who's playing screen had poor contrast. Changed background colour to something more suitable.
- UX: On mobile, the checkboxes didn't always render correctly.
- Security: Added referrer meta tag.
- UX: Menu options were being display on inappropriate pages.
- Fix: Squad poster was failing to download because Google Static Maps API now requires an API key.
- Fix: When saving changes on the my squad an error could be raised when no changes were found.
- Fix: When signing up for an account, leaving the email address empty would cause an error.
- UX: Improved account validation sign-up process.
- Fix: Pwned password warning was appearing when [new] password field was empty.
Fix: In certain situations an email wouldn't be sent to your secondary email address
(e.g. when a Manager changes your playing status).
- Fix: On the seasons screen if you changed the number of goals for a player, the season table wouldn't reflect the change.
- Fix: Nickname was validated after sending email address verification (if you changed your email address at the same time).
- Fix: When clicking E-mail Players and opening in gmail the recipients would be combined into one To/Cc field in the resulting message. When using the option to open the email in Outlook, you need to ensure that commas to separate email recipients is enabled.
- Performance: Improved efficiency of squad and match dashboard views.
- Fix: Diary was showing cancelled matches as being played.
- Fix: Squad members could not be dropped whilst browsing in the mobile view.
- Fix: When inviting new players to a squad via the Squad Picker feature, floating members were being included.
- Up-keep: Removed Google+ integration as it shuts down in April.
- Fix: Facebook sharing had stopped working (fb had changed it's API a little).
- Fix: When a secondary e-mail address was changed, the confirmation e-mail wasn't being sent and therefore could not be confirmed.
- Fix: E-mails were being sent to the secondary e-mail address (if the account has one), even though the e-mail address had not been confirmed.
- UX: Added visual clues to check boxes on mobile (can be difficult to see if an option is on or off).
- Fix: Contact Us has been re-enabled, with a captcha to prevent spammers.
- Fix: When selecting Other as a reason for contact, the request was deemed invalid.
That's all folks!
Until next time ... may your matches be full of players, and you boots stay laced up.
Every week we'll invite everyone and track who can and who can't play.
We'll remind them they're playing, help pick the sides. You know, all the boring stuff!
Loose the faff, bring back the fun, with toepoke.co.uk!
Please direct all press enquiries to press[at]toepoke.co.uk.