Wow it's been a few months since we last blogged about a new build! You may not have noticed, but we having been pushing a few changes out. So in case you've missed them here's the details ...
If you've changed your reminders timetable lately you might remember it looking like this:
From a functional perspective it does the job, but let's face it ... it's never been the prettiest of things to look at! 😉
Well as you can see we made a few changes on this screen. It still does everything it used to do, but now it doesn't hurt your eyes to look at it 😊
Getting the message across
If you read the tell me more section of the website we'd be surprised if you signed up ... it was awful! We've given that a big overhaul and hope it gets the message across better.
Side picker enhancements
Find it hard picking sides? Your mates giving you stick because it all looks one-sided? Whilst we're trying to build the best 5-a-side football organiser we can we're no experts on getting the sides fair either 😢.
We've got more than a few ideas on how to make this a easier. This one's just the first. From today if you click on the team name we'll show you the average age of the players on that team. Not much, but it's a start!
Also when you click on a player, their age will appear in the profile too, so at least we can now use age as a guide when picking the sides. Not that age is the perfect indication - after all I'm as rubbish at football now as was when I was 15!
- Cancelled matches were still being shown ... even after 6 months! These now disappear after the match [would] have finished.
The Updates check box wouldn't save when it was changed.
Our sincere apologies for this and humbly request you to check you are happy with your settings. We intend to start e-mailing updates in the near future and wouldn't want you to get a message you didn't want.
- Fixed a broken link in the e-mail you get when you're accepted into a game.
- Some small text changes to improve readability.
- Fixed annoying bug which would send an e-mail to the managers saying someone had dropped out of the match after the deadline. When in fact all they'd said was they weren't playing.
- Managers will no longer get this message, but they'll still get an e-mail if a player has genuinely dropped out of the match.
- When viewing the side picker screen, players would see everyone listed according to when they put their names down to play. Players will now see these listed alphabetically; Managers will still see them ordered by the time players put their name down.
- We've fixed annoying bug number 2 where the wrong number would come out in one of the e-mails which made it look like you always had enough players, when in fact this was a complete lie 😉.
- Fixed an issue with the sign-up process which prevented new users joining a squad in certain scenarios.
- Fixed issue when clicking a link in one of the e-mails multiple times.
- Fixed lots and lots of little problems we won't bore you with! 😉
That's all folks!
Until next time ... may your matches be full of players, and you boots stay laced up.
Every week we'll invite everyone and track who can and who can't play.
We'll remind them they're playing, help pick the sides. You know, all the boring stuff!
Loose the faff, bring back the fun, with toepoke.co.uk!
Please direct all press enquiries to press[at]toepoke.co.uk.