Had the week off dog sitting this week, so got tonnes done. Sadly not a lot of it will be visible to you guys and girls, but should provide under the cover improvements. Anyway here's what's in this build:
- Match dashboard now shows in the order they are due to be played ... rather than some semi-random order.
- E-mails are now sent in both text and HTML formats, so you pick which you prefer to view in.
- Match reminder e-mail is only sent if you don't have enough players for your game.
- E-mail detailing the sides for a match now includes an appointment you can download to your e-mail client to remind you there's a match on.
- A few more additions to the FAQ and glossary.
The screen for allocating sides in a match have been re-written to make it easier to support in the future. In addition:
- Each side where you drop players now grows and shrinks as required so it should always have enough space (previously it was too small for 11-a-side games).
- Each box on the screen now shows you how many players are on each side (no more having to count them manually .. yeah !)
- Demo account now uses 11-a-side rather than 5-a-side so it looks a little more involved.
- You can now un-subscribe from games.
- You can now close your account if you wish and be removed from the site.
- You can now delete a game if you stop playing a regular game.
- Made a few updates to the icons. References to games are now a console controller icon, a football now represents a match.
- Google Adverts have now been added. Sorry, but I've gotta pay the hosting costs somehow.
- You can now [finally!] modify your account profile!
- How you sign into your account has changed as previously you couldn't click the Remember Me function without going to the dedicated signing in screen ... which frankly was even annoying me !
- Site now remembers which match/game you last had selected (useful if you have two or more games on the go at the same time).
- Fixed issue with the e-mail validation when inviting new players. Which was a little ... erm ... eager ?
- Fixed problem where you couldn't unsubscribe from a regular game.
- Fixed issue on the more information screen where the tabs were the wrong way around.
- Fixed issue with scrollbars in the accordion region with Google Chrome (think it was an issue with Firefox too)
- Fixed issues with deleting accounts.
- Fixed issues with the CATCHA in Chrome and Firefox where it would load a blank page.
- Fixed issues with double slashes in e-mails.
- Fixed issue with not being able to save game changes.
And finally, a few more behind the scenes changes you probably won't notice, nor care about .
- Embedded styles moved to external stylesheets.
- Added terms, disclaimers and other legal stuff.
- jQuery and jQuery UI libraries now retrieved from Google's Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Site now only uses toepoke.co.uk, so if you visit www.toepoke.co.uk you'll be redirected. This is to avoid the confusion of having two sites (the internet sees toepoke.co.uk and www.toepoke.co.uk as two different web sites).
Phew! It's been a busy few weeks!
That's all folks!
Until next time ... may your matches be full of players, and you boots stay laced up.
Every week we'll invite everyone and track who can and who can't play.
We'll remind them they're playing, help pick the sides. You know, all the boring stuff!
Loose the faff, bring back the fun, with toepoke.co.uk!
Please direct all press enquiries to press[at]toepoke.co.uk.